Accept the definition definition of compatibility, as the ability of two elements to coexist in the same mosaic. Also replace the zeroth law with the compatibility corollary.
TODO: Add preamble
Theories To Accept
- Compatibility (Fraser-Sarwar-2018): The ability of two elements to coexist in the same mosaic.
- Compatibility Corollary (Fraser-Sarwar-2018): At any moment of time, the elements of the scientific mosaic are compatible with each other.
Theories To Reject
- The Zeroth Law (Harder-2015): At any moment of time, the elements of the scientific mosaic are compatible with each other.
This modification attempts to answer the following question(s):
- Compatibility: What is compatibility? How should it be defined?
- Compatibility of Mosaic Elements: Are all elements within a mosaic compatible with one another?
The modification is currently being evaluated; a verdict is pending.
Click on the Discussion tab for comments.
- Fraser, Patrick and Sarwar, Ameer. (2018) A Compatibility Law and the Classification of Theory Change. Scientonomy 2, 67-82. Retrieved from https://scientojournal.com/index.php/scientonomy/article/view/31278.